Please Like us on FaceBook- click here - to share this with others!
Leeches in Non-Surgical Therapy
DONATE! For the Good Cause of American HIRUDOTHERAPY Association!
Heal Yourself with NATURE -- call Alicja Kolyszko, DHT, MA, MSc for Bio-thetherapy treatment with Medicinal Leeches: 347-981-6171
HIRUDOTHERAPY - therapy with medicinal leeches, has been also classified under Bio-therapy.
Bio-therapy has been defined to us - as the use of living animals or microorganisms to treat diseases.
Some of them are accepted by Western medicine, as medically effective and safe, but not widely used, for example, leech therapy and maggot therapy.
It's true what Benjamin Franklin said,
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
In the recent years, we are observing a wide spread of non-invasive leech therapy. Hirudo Medicinalis & Hirudo Verbana (Hirudo meaning "leech" in Latin), European and Oriental medicinal leeches, are use for treatments without surgical instruments, placing medicinal leech externally on the appropriate parts of the body, on specific, biologically active points. Not only when health problem already exists but in preventive measures, as well.
- IN THE FORM OF DETOXIFICATION & REJUVENATION THROUGH THE BLOOD PURIFICATION WITH LEECHES, Drug-less Healing Art - IS the FUTURE FOR WELLNESS.
When dealing with external hirudotherapy, an individual approach and multiple treatments for each client are established, based on certain criteria such as: age, weight, intensity of an acute pain, length of the health problem, possible contradictions and various other conditions.
The main principle of medicine is "Do not Harm"
Therefore, as with any other method of healing, only a professional can apply leeches properly. Today, through Hirudotherapy, through body DETOXIFICATION, REJUVENATION and NON-INVASIVE BLOOD PURIFICATION, medicinal leeches are useful in the treatments of various diseases, conditions and health problems.
Vascular and Cardio-Vascular Diseases:
· ischemic heart disease
· before and after myocardial infarction
· varicose veins
· spider veins
· stagnation in the lymphatic vessels
· neuro-vegetative dystonia
angina pectoris arrythmia
Diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
· rheumatoid diseases
· contractures of the limbs, back and neck
· post-fractural treatment
· hypertensive encephalopathy
· peripheral nerve compression bands
· symptoms of brain contusion and stroke
· anxiety or panic disorder
· post bels-pulsy nerve damage
· hematomas and post-traumatic swelling with nerve damage
· Postoperative arterial thrombosis and venous
· Superficial thrombophlebitis
· disorders of peripheral nerves
· Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's
· facial nerve neuralgia, trigeminal
· cerebral paralysis
Bell's palsy acute facial nerve paralysis
· inflammation of the appendages
· Infertility (female & male)
· fibro adenoma fibroids of uterus
· dysmenorrhea syndrome
· inflammation of the breast and prostate
· alleviating menopausal symptoms
· inflammation of the lining of the vagina & uterus
· Irregular menstrual periods & pain associated with
· chronic gastritis and duodenal
· acid reflux
· spleen inflammation
· chronic hepatitis without clotting disorders
· trophic ulcer
· stomach flu
· kidney derivatives
· prostate adenoma (non-adenocarcinoma)
· symptoms of chronic renal failure
· antigenic potency disorders
· bladder and urinary track disorders
· Interstitial cystitis (IC)
· chronic bronchitis
· pulmonary emphysema
· Chronic pulmonary thrombosis
· acute and chronic
· neuritis ear
· acute and chronic otitis
· sinusitis leading
· inflammation of the sieve cells
· strep-throat (streptococcal bacteria)
· inflammation of the eye vascular tract
· Post-traumatic hematoma of the eyeball
· chickenpox and shingles (herpes zoster)
· inflammation of the ski
· soft tissue damage
· skin allergies
· subcutaneous hematoma
· Skin scars ( non- colloidal)
· Scar tissue
Leeches in Stomatology:
· inflammation of the pulp
· hematomas in the mouth
· osteomyelitis of the jaw
· inflammation of the salivary glands
· acute toothache
· nerve tissue (root canal treatment)
With cardiovascular and vascular diseases hirudotherapy plays a special role, since hirudin influences blood clotting through anticoagulant agents in leech saliva. For the people with ischemic heart disease, hypertension, diabetes the main problem is atherosclerosis of vessels, thrombosis of arteries in the vital important organs.
The end effect are heart failures, strokes, etc.,etc. Applying medicinal leeches as a preventive method will reduce and stop thrombus formation. Hirudin blocks the action, so thrombus is losing its properties and does not promote the transition of fibrinogen into fibrin..
We should add the lipotropal effect of enzymes of SGS, salivary glands secretion, of medicinal leeches which influence the effect on blood lipids. At the beginning of the century some scientists expressed the assumption that the development of atherosclerosis can be prevented by applying medicinal leeches. In 1984-1989 it was experimentally proved that at long introvenous introduction of a SGS of medicinal leeches to the rats which were in the condition of a strongly expressed atherosclerosis, there was a significant reduction of lipids in abdominal and lung arteries.
347.981.6171 1.888.825.0793 ALICJA KOLYSZKO, DHT, MA
ALA-MED HIRUDOTHERAPY, ALTERNATIVE BIOTHERAPYWITH MEDICINAL LEECHES
(2004 - 2014)
Copyright © 2005 - 2014 | ALA-MED Hirudotherapy Center of America & Academy of Hirudotherapy | All rights reserved